Arkfeld on Electronic Discovery and Evidence
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
The Fourth Edition of Arkfeld on Electronic Discovery and Evidence is a comprehensive treatise that addresses all the key aspects of the discovery and admission of electronic evidence, within the context of relevant statutes, regulations, and federal and state case law. Authored by Michael R. Arkfeld, Esq., a leading attorney and speaker, the revised Fourth Edition is enhanced both in substance and format. The up-to-date 1500 page treatise contains eight chapters as well as four companion Best Practices Guides, which are cross-referenced to the treatise.
- Authoritative discussion of court rules and federal and state cases on electronic discovery and evidentiary issues
- Clear and easy to read explanations of technology and legal concepts
- Four cross-referenced Best Practice Guides
- Over 110 forms, checklists, and practical pointers
Highlights of the April 2023 Update:
- Revisions to Chapter 7, featuring a complete rewrite of 7.7(I), Search and Information Retrieval. With the ever-increasing volume of ESI, the search and retrieval of relevant, responsive ESI has become a major issue in eDiscovery. The reorganized and updated section on search addresses the legal and factual issues affecting search including the requirements of a “reasonably comprehensive search,” proportionality, burdensomeness, cost shifting, and judicial intervention in enlarging and limiting searches. In addition, this new section covers the duty and scope of your search, self-collection, various search methods including keyword, TAR 1.0 and 2.0, protocols and current legal search issues. Finally, this section covers the bases of sanctions for failure to conduct an adequate search.
- A new edition of the Best Practices Guide: Information Technology Primer for Legal Professionals, a resource for understanding the “information technology infrastructure” of organizations, locating “electronically stored information” (ESI), and managing it using computer technology. This primer is intended to be used as a general reference for the identification, preservation, collection, and disclosure of ESI; and
- A new edition of the Best Practices Guide: ESI Pretrial Discovery — Strategy and Tactics, containing procedural steps, strategy and substantive law considerations related to the pretrial discovery of “electronically stored information” (ESI). These practices are intended to be used as general guidelines for the discovery and production of ESI. Depending on the unique issues of your case, these suggested practices may necessitate a different approach and should be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The materials previously supplied on the CD-ROM are now available on the download center. This provides fingertip access to sample discovery forms, letters, and court orders, and includes dozens of practice tips and pointers. If you need help accessing the download center, please visit https://lexisnexis.custhelp.com/app/print.
Visit our E-Discovery Page for additional information.
Networked multi-user pricing is available for the CD-ROM. Please contact a Sales Rep at 800-223-1940 for pricing.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
SUMMARY OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Electronic Information in Litigation
Chapter 2 Creation and Storage of Electronic Information
Chapter 3 Structure and Type of Electronic Information
Chapter 4 Computer Forensics, Experts and Service Bureaus
Chapter 5 Search, Technology and Cost Issues in Managing ESI
Chapter 6 Discovery and Production Process
Chapter 7 Court Procedural Rules and Case Law
Chapter 7 Appendix: State Cases and Rules Summary
Chapter 8 Admissibility of Electronic Evidence
Appendix — Checklists, Forms and Guidelines (Download Center only)
Table of Cases