Workers' Compensation Law: Cases, Materials, and Text, Fifth Edition (2013)
Select a format
To purchase a printed version of this title, please visit www.caplaw.com.
The Fifth Edition of Workers’ Compensation Law is a blend of conventional casebook style and concise text. The basic concepts of workers’ compensation - including course of employment, arising out of employment, injury by accident, employee status - are covered in the more traditional fashion, with case excerpts provided for students to learn these concepts. The Fifth Edition of Workers’ Compensation Law preserves the essential and thorough treatment of these basic aspects while adding or expanding material on current topical issues, such as:
• Recovery of benefits by undocumented workers;
• Compensability of claims related to terrorist attacks;
• Psychological stress claims;
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and other repetitive-motion injuries;
• Interplay of Workers’ Compensation with the Americans with Disabilities Act;
• Choice of medical provider;
• Special problems of working at home;
• Use of mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques;
• Recent developments with Second Injury Funds; and
• Exclusivity and the substantial certainty rule.
A Teacher’s Manual tracks the structure of the casebook and provides additional pedagogical insight.
Professors and adjunct professors may request complimentary examination copies of LexisNexis law school publications to consider for class adoption or recommendation. Please identify the book(s) you wish to receive, provide your institutional contact information, and submit your request here.
This book also is available in a heavily discounted, three-hole punched, alternative loose-leaf version printed on 8 ½ x 11 inch paper with wider margins and with the same pagination as the hardbound book.
Table of Contents
Part 1 The Nature and History of Workers' Compensation
Part 2 "Arising Out of the Employment"
Part 3 Course of Employment
Part 4 Accidental Injury and Disease
Part 5 Coverage
Part 6 Benefits
Part 7 Misconduct
Part 8 Exclusiveness of Compensation Remedy Part 9 Third-Party Actions
Part 10 Procedural Law
Part 11 Conflicts of Law
Part 12 Insurance
Part 13 Related to Other Kinds of Wage-Loss Protection