Sixth Circuit Criminal Handbook
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This 2023B Summer/Fall Edition of The Sixth Circuit Criminal Handbook continues to examine and analyze legal precedence and doctrine for the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, focusing on federal criminal trails and appeals arising from the states of Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee. The handbook offers a roadmap to the federal criminal process and applications for the Sixth Circuit, starting from the pretrial procedures, the discovery process, to the trial itself, and finally the post-trial actions and appeals.
This comprehensive and useful handbook is the product of years of careful study and practical application of Sixth Circuit criminal decisions. The handbook is specifically tailored to examine the quirks and provide the essential inside knowledge that a practitioner must be aware of to successfully prosecute or defend a criminal case in the Sixth Circuit (comprising the states of: Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee).
This 2023B Summer/Fall Edition has been revised and updated to include the most recent legal precedence in each section, in addition to over 100 new cases that are important and critical to criminal practice. Highlights for this 2023B Summer/Fall Edition include:
• Search and Seizure: Revised criteria and elements which must be shown to obtain a Franks Hearing
• Confessions and Other Revealing Statements: Police action is only coercive when it overbears the accused's will to resist
• Pretrial Issues: Court found that the right to self-representation is not absolute - It is not a license to abuse the dignity of the courtroom
• Drug Offenses: Court listed new relevant factors which must be considered in determining whether the possession of a firearm at that time furthered a drug trafficking crime
• Firearms Possession: Revised elements and factors to be considered when defining ‘constructive possession’ of a firearm
• Trial: Juror Selection: Actual bias in the context of challenging a juror is the existence of a state of mind that leads to an inference that the person will not act with impartiality
• Appeals: For an appeal to be considered, a Fed. R. Civ. P. 29 motion can be made to properly preserved for appeal only when a defendant makes a motion for acquittal at the end of the prosecution's case-in-chief and at the close of evidence
The 2023A Winter/Spring Edition ISBN is 9781663360472.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
CHAPTER 1 - SEARCH AND SEIZURE
CHAPTER 2 - CONFESSIONS AND OTHER STATEMENTS
CHAPTER 3 - PRETRIAL ISSUES
CHAPTER 4 - DRUG OFFENSES
CHAPTER 5 - FIREARMS OFFENSES
CHAPTER 6 - SELECTED OFFENSES
CHAPTER 7 - TRIAL
CHAPTER 8 - SENTENCING
CHAPTER 9 - APPEAL
TABLE OF CASES