LexisNexis® New York State Bar Association's Automated Power of Attorney Form (NYSBA Non-Members)
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
New York State Bar Association Members are entitled to Special Pricing. Call 800-223-1940 for details.
New York State recently reformed the statutory short form power of attorney for purposes of financial and estate planning, effective June 13, 2021. The changes are designed to simplify the POA form, allow for substantially compliant language as opposed to exact wording, provide safe-harbor provision for good-faith acceptance of an acknowledged POA, and allow sanctions for those who unreasonably refuse to accept a valid POA. In addition, there are also a number of technical amendments.
- This version of the New York State Power of Attorney is a fully automated document-assembly drafting system, powered by HotDocs®.
- It eliminates the need for repetitive typing, cutting, and pasting, along with the risk of errors that often accompany traditional form completion.
- Suggested language for permissible modifications is included within this program for ease of use.
- Once entered, names are filled in throughout the form where necessary and appropriate pronouns are also pre-filled.
- The finished result is provided in Microsoft Word which allows the preparer to make additional final edits as necessary.
- Frequently Asked Questions are provided to assist with the user experience along with an introduction articulating basic guidance for the form.
POA2021 - FAQs
**Assembly Bill A5630A (S3923) which reforms the New York Statutory Short Form Power of Attorney was signed by the governor on 12/15/2020 as L. 2020, ch. 323. A subsequent chapter amendment (S888/A2353) was signed into law on 3/25/2021 as L. 2021, ch. 84. Please view title 15 of the General Obligations law for general information on executing a power of attorney.
This publication is intended to provide authoritative information regarding the subjects covered. Efforts have been made to ensure that information is current and accurate, within the constraints of publication schedules. It is sold with the understanding that neither the publisher nor the authors and commentators are engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.*
Please refer to software and system requirements below.
The Downloadable Content format is not compatible with Mac or tablet PCs. HotDocs®, the platform on which the Drafting System operates, does not support WordPerfect X8. This publication is intended to provide authoritative information regarding the subjects covered. Efforts have been made to ensure that information is current and accurate, within the constraints of publication schedules. It is sold with the understanding that neither the publisher nor the authors and commentators are engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS INTENDED FOR USE BY LICENSED ATTORNEYS. IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR INDEPENDENT THINKING. YOU SHOULD FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH RELEVANT STATUTES, CASE LAW, AND STANDARDS OF PRACTICE, AND THOROUGHLY REVIEW ALL GENERATED DOCUMENTS.
Hardware Requirements for Running HotDocs
- 1 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
- 1GB RAM (2 GB, recommended)
- 300 MB hard disk space for installation process, 85 MB thereafter
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Software Requirements for Running Hotdocs
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
- Microsoft 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
- Corel WordPerfect X4, X5, X6 or X7
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.