LexisNexis® New York State Bar Association's Automated Estate Planning System
Select a format
LexisNexis® New York State Bar Association’s Automated Estate Planning System is a fully automated document-assembly drafting system, powered by HotDocs®. The System eliminates the need for repetitive typing, cutting, and pasting, along with the risk of errors that often accompany traditional form completion.
New York State Bar Association Members are entitled to Special Pricing. Call 800-223-1940 for details.
Practitioner-tested. Every form in the System was drafted and used in practice by Syracuse attorney Michael O'Connor, who brings more than four decades of New York estate planning experience to this product.
Up-to-date. New and revised forms are released annually, keeping your System current with the latest developments, legislation, and court decisions that impact document drafting. The 2018 update includes:
- A Qualified Personal Residence Trust form
- Substantial new language in Trust documents under "Provisions for Minor and Disabled Beneficiaries"
- Additional language in Trusts for single or multiple beneficiaries
- Among other changes
Comprehensive. The System is an inclusive source of the forms you’ll need in your estate practice including:
- Numerous different wills and trusts
- Pre- and post-marital agreements
- A personal care contract
- Power of attorney
- Health care proxy
- HIPAA information release authorization form
- And more
* Please refer to software and system requirements below.
The Downloadable Content format is not compatible with Mac or tablet PCs. HotDocs®, the platform on which the Drafting System operates, does not support WordPerfect X8.
This publication is intended to provide authoritative information regarding the subjects covered. Efforts have been made to ensure that information is current and accurate, within the constraints of publication schedules. It is sold with the understanding that neither the publisher nor the authors and commentators are engaged in rendering legal services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS INTENDED FOR USE BY LICENSED ATTORNEYS. IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR INDEPENDENT THINKING. YOU SHOULD FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH RELEVANT STATUTES, CASE LAW, AND STANDARDS OF PRACTICE, AND THOROUGHLY REVIEW ALL GENERATED DOCUMENTS.
To ensure the best performance please note the following minimum requirements for hardware and software:
Hardware Requirements for Running HotDocs
• 1 GHz processor (2 GHz or faster recommended)
• 1 GB RAM (2 GB, recommended)
• 300 MB hard disk space for installation process, 85 MB thereafter
• 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Software Requirements for Running HotDocs
• Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
• Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016
• Corel WordPerfect X4, X5, X6 or X7
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
What follows is a partial list of the forms that can be drafted using the NYSBA Estate Planning System:
a. General non-taxable estate
b. Credit shelter will
c. Non-citizen QDOT
d. Pour-over will
a. Revocable trust
b. Retirement pass-through trust
c. Life insurance trust
d. Supplemental needs trust
i. Payback trust
ii. Sole benefit trust
iii. 3rd Party S.N.T.
e. Medicaid trust
f. Qualified personal residence trust
g. Sprinkling trust
4. Premarital agreement
5. Post-marital agreement
6. Personal care contract
7. Statutory power of attorney
8. Health care proxy (i.e., living will)
9. HIPAA information release authorization form
10. Other documents