LexisNexis Practice Guide: Washington Insurance Litigation
Select a format
This publication provides practical, step-by-step guidance on all phases of insurance litigation in Washington superior courts, including post-trial motions, up to the point of appeal.
Key features and benefits:
• Practice guidance and tips from Washington practitioners-- user benefits from "real world" practical experience, tailored specifically to insurance litigation in Washington state courts.
• Washington statutes, rules, cases, and as appropriate, local procedures and forms.
• Master checklists providing list of all the tasks covered in a chapter along with references to what section of the chapter discusses each task; assists practitioners looking for specific information in finding it quickly, also provides all the tasks in a concise, consolidated form.
• Provides guidance on current practical issues in trial procedure, including such topics as:
- the formation, renewal and cancellation of insurance policies
- liability insurers' duty to defend;
- excess and umbrella policies;
- regulation of insurers; and
- Washington Insurance Guaranty Association
LexisNexis Practice Guide: Washington Insurance Litigation was created under the guidance of Franklin D. Cordell of Gordon Tilden Thomas & Cordell LLP, whose current practice emphasizes policyholder-side insurance coverage advice and litigation. Washington practitioners wrote and reviewed individual chapters, and provided many practice tips and guidance.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Understanding Insurance
Chapter 2 Formation, Renewal, and Cancellation of Insurance Policies
Chapter 3 Evaluating the Liability Insurer's Duty to Defend
Chapter 4 The Insured's Duties
Chapter 5 Extracontractual Liability of Insurers
Chapter 6 Claims Implicating Multiple Insurers
Chapter 7 Excess and Umbrella Policies
Chapter 8 Insurance-Specific Issues in Coverage and Bad-Faith Litigation.
Chapter 9 The Insurance Application And The Insurer's Remedies For Misrepresentation
Chapter 10 Regulation of Insurers
Chapter 11 The Washington Insurance Guaranty Association
Chapter 12 Key Issues in Automobile Insurance Litigation
Chapter 13 Key Issues in Property Insurance Litigation