LexisNexis CD - Powell on Real Property
Cited More Than Any Other Treatise on Real Property Law, and cited multiple times by the U.S. Supreme Court over the last decade.
Powell on Real Property® is the definitive and modern real property treatise you've been looking for. Also included are exclusive extras written by General Editor Michael Allan Wolf, including:
• The Supreme Court Update, an annual review of Supreme Court cases affecting real property interests
• Powell in the Courts, a quarterly analysis of recent case law citing Powell, released 4 times per year along with the updates to the treatise.
Updated analysis of complex property issues related to Rails-to-Trails.
Some of the most contested property disputes of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries have concerned the conversion of railroad corridors to public uses such as recreational trails. Such disputes are the subject of new Chapter 78A, Rails-to-Trails: Conversion of Railroad Corridors to Recreational Trails, written by Professor Danaya C. Wright.
Updated information and analysis on Green Buildings.
Why do real estate attorneys need to know about them? General Editor Michael Allan Wolf explains in new Chapter 78B, Green Buildings, as he explores the green building phenomenon--the forces coming together to integrate building design and construction practices furthering energy efficiency, resource conservation, and the protection of the environment.
Authoritative Coverage that the courts look to and cite.
Powells authoritative, national coverage includes unmatched in-depth analysis of the pertinent case law, statutes, and regulations. Over 130 chapters and several practice guides cover the gamut of real estate issues with clear explanations of the current law. Critical topical analysis from experts in the field includes:
• Americans with Disabilities Act: public accommodations and commercial facilities
• Effect of bankruptcy law on real property transactions and interests
• Condominiums, cooperatives, homeowner associations, and timesharing
• Deeds, recording acts, and title insurance
• Easements, licenses and restrictive covenants
• Eminent domain
• Landlord and tenant law
• Land use planning and regulation
• Mortgages, liens and foreclosures
• Tax aspects of real estate transactions and investments
• Effect of telecommunications laws on real property interests
• Property disputes related to conversion of railroad corridors to recreational trails and other public uses (rails-to-trails)
• Green buildings
• Zoning & Fracking
Written and updated by leading authorities and practitioners from across the nation.
Statements of law are supported by abundant citations to statutes, regulations, case law, law review commentary, and more. For more than half a century, Powell on Real Property® has been the one source to turn to for the answers to real property law questions in America. With its unparalleled breadth and depth of coverage, it still is.
Supreme Court cases citing Powell on Real Property® include:
Georgia v. Randolph, 126 S. Ct. 1515 (2006)
Hibbs v. Winn, 542 U.S. 88 (2004)
Eldred v. Ashcroft, 537 U.S. 186 (2003)
United States v. Craft, 535 U.S. 274 (2002).
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.