The Only Resource You'll Need to the Law, Practice, Application and Protection of Copyrights.
Don't Look Any Further For Complete Coverage.
Nimmer on Copyright is your total copyright law support and includes wide-ranging analysis of: copyright protection of computer software, liability of on-line service providers for copyright infringement and international copyright protection.
Back-up Your Actions With The Copyright Authority.
The analysis in Nimmer on Copyright has been frequently relied upon by the U.S. Supreme Court and has provided U.S. Circuit and District Courts with authority for countless opinions.
Benefit From The Knowledge Of Experts.
The late Melville B. Nimmer was Professor of Law at UCLA Law School. Revision author, David Nimmer practices copyright law with the firm of Irell & Manella in California. He also writes and lectures extensively on copyrights and related topics.
This easy-to-follow treatise brings you the most incisive discussions on the protection of the expression of ideas. The collection of forms helps you navigate through Copyright Office practice, and provides you with examples of state-of-the-art agreements and outstanding litigation forms. Primary source materials contain the text of the Copyright Act and the regulations adopted thereunder, and the text of relevant international treaties.
To help you plan effective strategies for an increasingly inter-connected world, and to drive your domestic practice forward, you will receive:
• in-depth, comprehensive analysis of modern U.S. copyright law affecting printed works, plays and motion pictures, computer software and chips, artistic property, and the Internet
• interpretation of all provisions of the Copyright Act, and thorough coverage of the copyright provisions of the Berne Convention, NAFTA and GATT
• all significant copyright law decisions incorporated into the text
• a collection of model litigation and transactional documents, comprising actual, real-life agreements and court papers provided by contributors, and "bare bones" forms that illustrate more basic litigation or transactional documents, which can be easily tailored to meet individual needs
• insight into the guidelines that courts look for when deciding open questions of law and suggested lines of argument