This publication offers a complete package of forms, primary source, and analysis, and includes:
• Checklist of more than 150 items to consider when drafting a will or testamentary trust.
• Over 700 will clauses for specific purposes, keyed to the checklist.
• All complete wills, trusts, and clauses included on a complimentary CD for use with any word processing system.
• Wills and trusts are accompanied by discussion of applicable EPTL and SCPA provisions, federal and state tax considerations, and case law and IRS decisions necessary for drafting.
First published in 1969
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
New York Practice Guide: Probate and Estate Administration features expert guidance on the essentials of probate and estate administration in New York State. In-depth analysis of state and federal statutes, case law, regulations, and statewide court rules are presented in a "how-to'' format that includes detailed, practice-oriented and topical coverage of Surrogate's Court practice and estate administration. Inside you'll find:
• Preliminary administration steps
• Probate practice
• Administration of estate assets
• Estate accounting
• Federal and state taxation and estate tax returns
• Legal background and procedural guide
• Checklists, forms and practice points
• Reference guide
First published 1985. 2 Volumes; Looseleaf; updated annually with revisions.
The Greenbook includes the full text of the Surrogate's Court Procedure Act, the Estates, Powers and Trusts Law, and the Uniform Rules for Surrogate's Court. Other estate related statutes are also included: Tax Law Article 26 (estate tax), Mental Hygiene Law Article 81 (proceedings for appointment of a guardian for personal needs or property management), General Obligations Law Article 5 Title 15 (statutory short form and other powers of attorney for financial and estate planning), and miscellaneous Public Health Law sections. The Greenbook also contains all of the Official Forms for Surrogate's Court Practice, including forms for Adoption, and miscellaneous court rules.
A Table of Amendments at the beginning of the book shows you all the most current amendments at a glance and each section of SCPA and EPTL includes detailed amendment notes.