Legal, business and tax considerations of modern franchising, synthesized into a unified picture.
• The requirements of the FTC Franchising Rule, including the text of the Rule
• State and federal disclosure; and registration requirements, including the text and analysis of the new Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC)
• The franchise relationship
• Clause-by-clause analysis of franchise agreements
• Franchise alternatives; distributorship, leases, branch operations, limited partnerships, and more
• Federal taxation of franchising
• Antitrust considerations, trademarks, and trade names, real property, insurance
• Bankruptcy of the franchisor and franchisee
Franchising includes the text of federal special industry laws; the text of state franchising and business opportunities statutes, regulations, and forms; summaries of state special industry laws; and more.
First published in 1969.
5 Volumes; Looseleaf; updated three times per year.