Browser-based functionality. Designed to run in your browser, the LexisNexis CD platform features a user-friendly and intuitive interface, making searching easier than ever.
Improved phrase searches. Phrase searches are much faster than in previous software versions.
FOCUS Search features. This new feature allows you to hone search criteria and then use that criteria to search only those documents returned in response to the most recently performed searches.
Saved Searches feature. The LexisNexis CD platform lets you save searches for retrieval and reuse at any time, included from session to session.
Written by the National Consumer Law Center, a leading provider of information on legal issues affecting consumers, Consumer Credit Law Manual covers every aspect of consumer credit law and regulation.
Consumer Credit Law Manual provides complete coverage of consumer credit transactions, including:
• truth in lending
• high rate home equity loan protections
• consumer leasing
• rent-to-own transactions
• unfair and deceptive credit practices
• credit discrimination
• student loans and trade school abuses
• the cost of credit
• fair debt collection
• garnishment and exemptions
• utility terminations
• foreclosure defenses
• the liability of assignees and related creditors
• the FTC Holder Rule
• fair credit reporting
• credit repair agencies
Consumer Credit Law Manual also includes the Consumer Legislation Statutory Appendix, a separate, softcover volume containing the complete, current text of the following statutes and regulations:
• Regulation B, Equal Credit Opportunity, 12 C.F.R. Part 202
• Regulation M, Consumer Leasing, 12 C.F.R. Part 213
• Regulation Z, Truth in Lending, 12 C.F.R. Part 226
• Preservation of Consumers' Claims and Defenses, 16 C.F.R. Part 433
• Credit Practices, 16 C.F.R. Part 444
• Department of Labor Wage Garnishment Regulations, 29 C.F.R. Part 870
• Consumer Credit Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. 1601-1692o
• Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), 18 U.S.C. 1961-1968
• Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. 3601-3631
• UCC Article 9-Selected Sections
• UCC Revised Article 9-Selected Sections