Florida Real Property Sales Transactions
Select a format
Florida Real Property Sales Transactions covers all the issues a practitioner is likely to encounter when involved in a real property sales transaction in Florida: from the initial attorney-client discussion about clauses in a contract for sale and purchase, to the documents required at a closing, as well as most points in between.
Highlights of the new edition include:New/Hot Topics:
- Protecting Brokers’ Commission under F.S. 475.700 and F.S. 475.42.
- Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) has issued final rules governing mortgage financing, effective 2015, which will impact the settlement process as it relates to title insurance more significantly than the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, as amended in 2010.
- The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, 12 U.S.C. 5301-5641, effective January, 2014.
- Substantial revisions as it relates to Religious Association Property
- Discussion of the conflict between the expansion of implied warranties of fitness and merchantability under Florida v. Lakeview Reserve Homeowners Ass'n, Inc., 127 So.3d 1258 (Fla. 2013) and the Florida Legislature's rejection of this expansion under F.S. 553.835.
Updated statutes, rules, and case law.
Newly Revised Contracts & Forms:
- Florida Bar and the Florida Association of REALTORS Residential Contract for Sale and Purchase (rev. 9/14).
- Florida Association of REALTORS Residential Sale and Purchase Contract (CRSP-13).
- Florida Bar and the Florida Association of REALTORS Comprehensive Rider (CR-3)
- Florida Association of REALTORS Comprehensive Addendum (CRSP-13 Addenda)
- Special Warranty Deed Form, FLA.JUR. Forms Conveyances 2:42.
Visit our Real Property website for a complete list of The Bar’s Rules of Procedure related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar’s titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
1. Attorneys' Concerns In Real Property Sales Transactions, Donna M. More
2. Real Estate Brokers, Randy J. Schwartz
3. Basic Agreement, W. William Li
4. Mortgage Financing, Richard S. McIver
5. The Closing, G. Todd Cottrill
6. Recording, Notice, And Priority, Richard Fildes and Andrew J. Orosz
7. Authority To Convey And Execution Of Deeds, John L. Soileau and Jana L. Armstrong
8. Property Descriptions, Guy W. Norris
9. Express And Implied Covenants And Warranties Contained In Deeds, Hal H. Kantor and Amanda R. Caruso
10. Property Subject To Easements, Dedications, Licenses, And Restrictions, John N. Redding
11. Title Considerations, Diana Davis Basta
12. Escrows, Albert D. Rey