Florida Civil Practice Before Trial
Select a format
This manual guides the practitioner through the multiple steps necessary to procedurally ready a case for trial and is the perfect compliment to Florida Civil Trial Practice. This popular reference includes recent significant changes made by case law, statutes, and rules amendments.
Highlights of the new Eleventh Edition include discussions of:
• Drafting Jury Instructions - revised checklist for preparing scientific expert testimony jury instructions based on the recently adopted Daubert standard and the 2013 Florida Supreme Court approved Florida Standard Jury Instruction in contracts and business.
• Updated statutes, rules, and case law.
Discussion of hot topics including:
• Recent amendments relating to electronically stored information.
• The Florida Revised Limited Liability Act relating to service of process on Limited Liability Companies.
• Recent amendments relating to the minimization of personal information throughout the discovery process.
• The Florida Supreme Court's holding that having a cap on noneconomic damages in certain instances is unconstitutional.
• The Florida Supreme Court's recent decision discussing legislative privilege and holding that such privilege is not absolute.
Visit our Trial Practice website for a complete list of The Bar's Trial Practice related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
1. Attorney-Client Relationship
2. Organization And Development Of The Case
3. Tax Considerations Of Litigation
5. Choice Of Remedy
8. Claims Against Public Entities And Employees
9. Protecting Litigation Rights
10. Statutes Of Limitations
11. Joinder Of Parties And Actions
13. Motions And Orders
14. Process And Appearance
15. Removal And Remand
17. Case Management And Pretrial Conferences
18. Default And Relief from Default
19. Summary Judgment
22. Declaratory Relief
24. Receiverships In Florida
25. Extraordinary Writs And Remedies
26. Third-Party Practice
27. Common-Law Pleading, Forms Of Action, And Glossary Of Terms