Every Man has his Price: An Overview of the FCPA
Duration: 61 minutes
In recent years, several high-profile American corporations have been charged with significant FCPA violations.
That, combined with stepped-up enforcement by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the passage of the United Kingdom’s Anti-Bribery Act, has garnered significant media attention and renewed focus on the development of effective corporate compliance programs. In this introductory course, University of Dayton Law School Dean Paul McGreal provides an overview of the FCPA, from its origins and key elements to common assessment red flags and best practice tips.
This course provides a detailed overview of the FCPA including:
- The origins and history of the FCPA
- An explanation of the key elements of the FCPA, including defenses and exceptions
- Enforcement efforts by the Department of Justice and the SEC
- Common red flags when doing risk assessments
- The United Kingdom Anti-Bribery Law and involvement in anti-bribery efforts by international organizations
- Helpful practice pointers
Purchase entitles a single end-user to register for a single continuing education class. Each additional user or class requires additional purchase. For subscriptions, bulk or volume purchases, contact your LexisNexis account representative or call 877-394-8826.