Connecticut Landlord and Tenant Law: With Forms, Third Edition is a comprehensive reference that covers all aspects of the legal relationship between tenants and landlords, both in commercial and residential settings.
The book includes an overview of lease construction and interpretation, the statutory obligations of landlords and tenants, summary process litigation, and non-summary process litigation. The book features official housing court forms and other non-official landlord and tenant related forms covering all aspects of the landlord and tenant relationship. Also included is a detailed glossary of common terms, provisions and concepts used in leases and landlord-tenant litigation. The eBook format provides extensive links to cases, statutes, forms and other sources.
New in the Third Edition:
• Analysis of and Citations to Recent Cases decided by the Connecticut and Appellate Courts since the publication of the Second Edition
• References to newly enacted Executive Orders and Statutes affecting Landlord-Tenant law during COVID-19 disruptions
• nterpretation of Force Majeure theories and defenses in Lease Litigation in view of COVID 19 Disruptions
• Updated references to Official Housing Court Forms
• Updated Statutory Addenda to Residential Leases