View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
For both the general practitioner and the matrimonial specialist, Collier Family Law and the Bankruptcy Code is a comprehensive, practice-oriented guide examining the impact of the Bankruptcy Code on family law issues. Authored by Henry J. Sommer, co-Editor-in-Chief of Collier on Bankruptcy, the preeminent treatise on bankruptcy law, and Hon. Margaret Dee McGarity, a United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
• Overview of the bankruptcy process
• Overlap of bankruptcy court jurisdiction and state family court jurisdiction
• Determining the debtor's interest in marital property
• Special issues involving community property
• Effects of Chapter 13 on current alimony and support obligations and on modification and enforcement of support obligations
• Effect of the automatic stay on on-going family court actions
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.