Careers in Animal Law
Select a format
One of the fastest growing legal disciplines, animal law is concerned with protecting and improving the lives of animals through city ordinances, state and federal laws, international treaties, and cases that impact animals. Over 100 law schools in the U.S. now offer animal law courses, and more lawyers than ever before are looking to start animal law firms or incorporate animal cases into their practices. The first book of its kind, Careers in Animal Law will help you:
• Gain an overview of the field from a practicing animal lawyer and professor of animal law
• Forge a successful animal law career with firms of all types and sizes, government agencies, major corporations, or nonprofit organizations
• Strike out on your own as a solo practitioner of animal law
• Learn career tips from a series of animal-lawyer profiles
• Understand evolving trends in legislation, litigation, and academia that will change the face of animal law in the decades to come. Law students interested in animal law, seasoned attorneys seeking a new direction, or any lawyer interested in building a satisfying career will benefit from reading Careers in Animal Law.