Attacking and Defending Drunk Driving Tests
Voir dire strategies, cross-examination questions, and science to convince the jury that your DUI case deserves an honest review.
Publisher: James Publishing
Select a format
International Order Inquiry
The latest edition is packed with essential information including:
- Eleven new sample motions/petitions with arguments providing you with the most complete collection of DUI motions you are likely to find anywhere.
- Six common types of prosecutorial misconduct and how to deal with them.
- Analysis of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Birchfield v. North Dakota regarding implied consent laws and warrantless breath and blood tests.
- Two sample cross examinations: a destructive HGN cross examination and a cross-examination challenging blood draw procedures.
- Filing a writ to challenge a DMV hearing license suspension with a sample writ of mandate and a sample ex parte application for a stay of suspension.
- Co-Elution—the problem with single column chromatography.
- Operating the Drager Alcotest 7510®.
- Should the defense reanalyze the blood sample?
- Why you should try the case with a co-counsel.
- NHTSA’s 465 page DWI Detection and SFST Training Manual on Digital Access.
- Eight key insights from the Manual.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: BASIC PROPERTIES OF ALCOHOL
CHAPTER 2: ALCOHOL ABSORPTION, DISTRIBUTION, ELIMINATION, AND EFFECTS
CHAPTER 3: IMPLIED CONSENT
CHAPTER 4: SEARCH AND SEIZURE
CHAPTER 5: DISCOVERY AND INVESTIGATION
CHAPTER 6: RETAINING AND USING EXPERTS
CHAPTER 7: FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS
CHAPTER 8: ATTACKING AND DEFENDING FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS AND EVALUATIONS
CHAPTER 9: BLOOD ALCOHOL CONCENTRATION AND WIDMARK CALCULATIONS
CHAPTER 10: ATTACKING AND DEFENDING WIDMARK CALCULATIONS
CHAPTER 11: BREATH TESTS
CHAPTER 12: ATTACKING AND DEFENDING BREATH TESTS
CHAPTER 13: BLOOD, URINE, AND SALIVA TESTS
CHAPTER 14: ATTACKING AND DEFENDING BLOOD TESTS
CHAPTER 15: LABORATORY OPERATIONS
CHAPTER 16: LABORATORY ANALYSIS
CHAPTER 17: ATTACKING AND DEFENDING URINE AND SALIVA TESTS
CHAPTER 18: DUI MOTIONS
CHAPTER 19: JURY SELECTION
CHAPTER 20: COORDINATING THE ATTACK IN TRIAL