An Ounce of Prevention: Creating an Effective Compliance and Ethics Program
Duration: 72 minutes
Compliance programs strive to ensure that all employees follow the law and abide by their corporation’s ethical principles. Compliance programs also play a crucial role in the business operations of today’s corporations and can directly influence important business decisions. In an era of increased regulation and enforcement efforts, corporations must proactively ensure that they are compliant and that their employees act in an ethical manner. In turn, remaining or becoming fully compliant requires a comprehensive compliance and ethics program to be in place before any issues arise and employees must be trained to see red flags and respond to them in a lawful and ethical manner.
The focus of this course is to explain the importance of having a thorough and effective compliance and ethics program, the key elements of an effective compliance and ethics program, and best practices that will help your company, firm, and clients with their compliance programs. Paul McGreal, Dean of the University of Dayton School of Law, will:
- Provide a broad overview of effective compliance and ethics programs
- Outline the 10 elements of an effective compliance and ethics program
- Discuss the importance of taking independent contractors into consideration when formulating compliance programs
- Suggest useful sources of compliance guidance and other helpful resources
- Share valuable best practices for attorneys and corporations and common compliance missteps to avoid
Purchase entitles a single end-user to register for a single continuing education class. Each additional user or class requires additional purchase. For subscriptions, bulk or volume purchases, contact your LexisNexis account representative or call 877-394-8826.