AHLA Post-Acute Care Handbook: Regulatory, Risk and Compliance Issues (Non-Members)
Select a format
View or download a free Sample Chapter of this product.
Traditional long term care has evolved to increased sub-acute and rehabilitative care, inspiring new regulatory changes and increased scrutiny. In addition, the expectations of facility residents and their families are growing.
This invaluable guide provides insight into what's ahead for professionals in the field and the evolving compliance and regulatory issues they'll face.
• The evolution of the nursing home survey process
• Residents' rights and facility practices
• The importance of nursing facility agreements
• Compliance issues, including federal and state reimbursement requirements
• Facilities' ability to challenge enforcement remedies imposed against them
• Fraud and abuse issues that affect the industry
• Development of new systems and relationships that respond to incentives under the Affordable Care Act
Also covered: What to consider when building, buying or selling a post-acute care facility. Learn more about financing for construction or acquisition of nursing homes, continuing care and assisted living facilities.
Table of Contents
1 Nursing Facility Survey and Certification
2 Resident Rights and Facility Practices: A Look at the Current Status of Issues
3 Nursing Facility Agreements
4 Overview of Certificate of Need and Licensure for Nursing Home, Continuing Care, and Assisted Living
5 Contractual Relationships with Health Care Professionals
6 Compliance Plans for Long Term Care Facilities
7 Federal and State Reimbursement Compliance
8 Labor, Employment and Osha Issues
9 Provider Appeals
10 Fraud and Abuse Issues for Long Term Care Facilities
11 Assisted Living Communities and Continuing Care Retirement Communities
12 Managed Care and Long Term Care Providers-Integration
13 Buying and Selling Nursing Facilities
14 Financing for Construction and Acquisition Of Nursing Home, Continuing Care, and Assisted Living Developments