LexisNexis Practice Guide: Florida E-Discovery and Evidence
Written and organized by experts William Hamilton and Honorable Ralph Artigliere (ret.), Florida E-Discovery and Evidence brings clarity to this complex area of law. This comprehensive resource includes:
• In-depth coverage of e-discovery from A-Z: admissibility at trial through records management.
• Highlights of how the Florida rules of civil procedure will apply to e-discovery and a guide to the soon to be in place Florida e-discovery rules.
• Identification of key cost saving "junctions" in e-discovery; helpful guidelines and hot tips for e-discovery cost management.
• Ethical traps and pitfalls; guidance on how to avoid time consuming discovery disputes.
• Checklists and guides for every e-discovery task.
• All Florida case law on e-discovery in both state and Federal courts and key national cases.
• Helpful forms and practice tips.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of contents
Ch. 1-Understanding Electronic Evidence and its Role in Florida State Courts
Ch. 2-Governing Law in Electronic Discovery
Ch. 3-Ethical Issues Arising in E-Discovery
Ch. 4-Planning E-Discovery
Ch. 5-Initial Procedures in E-Discovery and Preservation of Evidence in FL State Court
Ch. 6-Requesting Production of Electronically Stored Information in Florida Court
Ch. 7-Handling Electronic Discovery Issues in Florida Cases
Ch. 8-Responding to Electronic Discovery Requests in Florida Court
Ch. 9-Gathering and Producing Electronically Stored Information
Ch. 10-Objecting to Production of Electronic Information in Florida Court
Ch. 11-Seeking or Opposing Protective Order
Ch. 12-Obtaining or Opposing Motion To Compel Disclosure of ESI
Ch. 13-Seeking or Opposing Sanctions
Ch. 14-Discovery of Electronically Stored Information Residing in Foreign Jurisdictions
Ch. 15-Admissibility of Electronic Evidence
Ch. 16-Establishing Electronically Stored Information Management Best Policies and Practices
PART II. TABLE OF CASES
PART III. TABLE OF STATUTES
PART IV. RULES AND REGULATIONS
PART V. TABLES AND CHARTS