Florida Civil Trial Practice
This is the best place to begin your research or refresh your knowledge of trial practice, from the decision whether to seek jury trial, to orders and judgments. Successfully combining practical and reference information, this manual picks up where Florida Civil Practice Before Trial leaves off.
Experienced litigators share their knowledge and provide:
- Practical advice on making successful opening and closing statements
- Information on compelling attendance of, and examining, witnesses
- Tips on jury selection
- Guidance on getting evidence admitted
- Requirements for motions, orders, and judgments
- Numerous helpful forms and checklists
Highlights of the new Twelfth Edition:
- Discussion regarding the procedure of bifurcation.
- Discussion of researching jurors and rehabilitating prospective jurors.
- Discussion of Florida Supreme Courts decision regarding F.S. 90.702 and 90.704 (Daubert versus Frye).
- Discussion regarding taxing appellate costs.
- Updating and discussions of statute references.
- Highlighting or discussion of recent and current case opinions.
Visit our Trial Practice website for a complete list of The Bar's Trial Practice related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 The Trial Lawyer
Wendy B. Accardi
Chapter 2 The Trial Court
Hon. Stephen Scott Stephens
Chapter 3 Trial By Court Or By Jury
Michael Fox Orr and Miguel J. Chamorro
Chapter 4 Trial Notebook
Lindsey Patrick Lopez
Chapter 5 Compelling Attendance of Witnesses And Production Of Evidence
Gregory P. Borgognoni
Chapter 6 Making A Proper Record
Joel D. Eaton
Chapter 7 Jury Selection, Jury Concealment Or Nondisclosure, And Juror Communications
Ralph Artigliere and Robert W. Kelley
Chapter 8 Opening Statement
Hon. Mark W. Klingensmith
Chapter 9 Exclusion of Witnesses And Limitations On Testimony
Steven A. Fox
Chapter 10 Direct Examination
Gregory P. Brown and Erik P. Raines
Chapter 11 Cross-Examination
Edward M. Mullins
Chapter 12 Expert Witnesses
John F. Eversole III
Chapter 13 Documentary Evidence
Chapter 14 Demonstrative Evidence
Ervin A. Gonzalez
Chapter 15 Motions
Daniel K. Bean and Jennifer L. Kifer
Chapter 16 Summation
Greg Hoag and Weston Smith
Chapter 17 Jury Instructions And Verdicts
Ralph Artigliere and Adam Artigliere
Chapter 18 Posttrial Motions
Chapter 19 Costs, Fees, And Interest
W. Hampton Keen
Chapter 20 Orders And Judgments
Michael W. Marcil and Jennifer Nicole