Florida Proceedings After Dissolution Of Marriage
Select a format
A final judgment of dissolution of marriage often is not the end of the process. This manual examines what comes next—appeals, enforcement, and modification. Chapters discuss analysis of the case to decide what action can be taken effectively and the procedures to follow. Also addressed are registration, enforcement, and modification of foreign judgments in Florida, the Child Support Enforcement Program, and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
In the latest edition, readers will find:
- New material on Jurisdiction and Parenting Plans; IRS Factors Determining Alimony;
- New form covering Notice of Objection to Recording Foreign Judgment
- Rewrites of sections on Cross-Appeals; Oral Argument; Rehearing, Clarification, Certification, and Written Opinion; Enforcement of Florida Judgments In Other States;
- Updates on Establishment of Paternity; Enforcement of Foreign Judgments and the Florida Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act (FEFJA);
- Elaboration on various jurisdictional considerations and review or rehearing options throughout the manual
- Expanded overview of Appeal Briefs; Appellate Mandate;
- Updated discussions about rules, statutes, and recent case law;
- Coverage of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act of 2017;
- Additional case descriptions and clarification of terms.
Visit our Family Law website for a complete list of The Bar's Family Law related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Appeals
Chapter 2 Jurisdiction, Venue, And Service Of Process
John O. Williams and Hunter J. Hendrix
Chapter 3 Enforcement
Heather B. Quick
Chapter 4 Modification Of Property Rights
Dolly Hernandez and Robert Stone Jeffrey
Chapter 5 Modification Of Parental Responsibility
Jane H. Grossman
Chapter 6 Modification Of Alimony
Susan W. Savard
Chapter 7 Modification Of Child Support
Dina F. Foster
Chapter 8 Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
Juliette E. Lippman
Chapter 9 Foreign Judgments
Leigh R. Shinohara and Mary Lou Cuellar-Stilo
Chapter 10 The Child Support Enforcement Program
Harriet W. Williams