Washington Family Law Deskbook
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The 2022 third edition reflects the multitude of changes that have occurred in family law, as authors closed the gap since the last update to this title in 2012 and updated the state of the law to late 2021, when chapters were finalized. New chapters have been added:
- Chapter 7 The Role of the Limited License Legal Technician
- Chapter 17 Family Practice in Tribal Court
- Chapter 19 Family Law Immigration Issues
- Chapter 26 Trial Preparation and Practice
And the scope of many chapters has been enlarged to keep pace with the evolving nature of family law practice. Just two examples:
- Chapter 6 (Enhancing Civility and Maintaining Privacy for Your Clients) has been expanded to cover ethical concerns arising from cloud-based storage, metadata, and the seemingly countless ways technology can make it “easy” for clients to eavesdrop on spouses, partners, and children.
- Chapter 60 (Adoption) has an entirely new section on assisted reproductive technology and surrogacy.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.