Handbook on Global Social Media Law for Business Lawyers
Select a format
Social media presents many dilemmas in the business and legal world. Given the global nature of corporate business, the use of social media compels U.S. lawyers with international clientele to have an understanding of both U.S. and other jurisdictions. Handbook on Global Social Media Law for Business Lawyers discusses social media laws and related governance principally in the United States, with an examination of key global regions including Canada, the European Union, Australia and Asia.
To help you better understand the legal challenges and implications surrounding social media, domestically and internationally, this practical resource includes guidance on:
- Use of social media as a tool in recruitment of employees
- The effect of privacy on an employer's ability to govern its employees
- FTC's general social media disclosure guidelines
- Cybersecurity and risk, including hacking, theft of corporate details, data loss, data breach, and more
- Intellectual property issues in social media
- Basic elements of a social media crisis plan and the attorney's role in a crisis
- UK and European social media legislation
- And much more!
Social media is global, but laws are not. This guide is a quick reference for the information you need.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.