Fundamentals of International Franchising
Select a format
Updated and expanded! A comprehensive and essential roadmap through the process of expanding your franchise globally.
Franchising continues to be a global phenomenon as U.S. companies continue to expand their brands outside of the United States. Since the initial publication of this title, many things have changed. Providing you with the most updated information in this area of the law and to help you plan and prepare for global expansion, this resource guides you through the critical aspects of effectively and efficiently expanding a franchise beyond the United States.
Helping you minimize the risks and maximize the rewards as companies participate in the complex and often difficult process of global expansion, this book takes you through the process in an orderly and detailed manner. The authors provide valuable guidance from the initial choice and effective use of local counsel and the business decision to "go international", through legal considerations, including specific franchise, intellectual property, and other local laws with potential impact on franchise expansion, as well as U.S. tax implications and dispute resolution issues.
Fundamentals of International Franchising, 2nd Edition provides you with guidance on:
• How to select and work with the right local counsel in each country
• What the pros and cons are when considering international expansion
• The special clauses and contractual language you should use
• How to protect your trademarks and other intellectual property rights
• The tax issues that must be addressed by corporations engaged in cross-border franchising activities in order to receive favorable tax treatment
• Compliance with global competition and data privacy laws
• Inbound transactions when non-U.S. franchise programs come to the United States
• And much more.
This practical guide provides a framework for counsel advising franchisors on the domestic front as they move into the international arena. It provides a foundation for the novice international franchise lawyer and a valuable reference for the experienced lawyer.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.