Deposing & Examining Employment Witnesses
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
REVISION 11 HIGHLIGHTS
The new edition of Deposing and Examining Employment Witnesses is packed with new text, case notes, and forms to keep you on the cutting edge of the law and help you work more efficiently. The new materials cover a broad range of issues, including:
Governing Principles of Cross-Examination
- New Text: Practical tips for success in Zoom depositions.
- New Form: Motion in Limine to Permit Use of Video of ___’s Deposition.
Deposing and Examining the Plaintiff
- New Text: Prohibition of arbitration of sexual harassment and sexual assault claims; causation standard in employment discrimination cases; EEOC Guidelines on Telecommuting.
- New Case Notes re: paramour preference cases; establishing a same-sex harassment claim; determining “disability” in the Covid era.
- New Forms: Plaintiff’s Response to Motion for Summary Judgment in ADEA Retaliation Case; Plaintiffs’ Motion for Equal Pay Act Conditional Collection Action and Authorization of Notice for Expedited Discovery
Deposing and Examining the HR Expert
- New form: Motion to Exclude Plaintiff’s Human Resources Expert.
Deposing and Examining the Mental Health Expert
- New Case Note re: Recoverable damages in a Title VII retaliation case.
Deposing and Examining the Expert Economist
- New Text: Limits on economic damages (emotional distress) available under the Rehabilitation Act.
- New Text: Mitigation of damages and the scope of plaintiff’s responsibility to seek “substantially equivalent employment”: within a reasonable distance of home; by accepting a lower-paying job; by applying for an open position with the defendant-employer.
- New Form: Plaintiff’s Motion for Summary Judgment on Affirmative Defense of Mitigation of Damages.
Deposing and Examining the Labor Market Expert
- New Form: Plaintiff’s Daubert Motion to Exclude Defendant’s Labor Market Expert.
Deposing and Examining the 30(b)(6) Witness
- New Form: Plaintiff’s Motion for Sanctions Regarding Defendant’s Willful Destruction of Evidence.
Additional forms materials are available from James Publishing; access to those materials can be requested directly from James by following guidelines provided within the eBook or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.