Florida Construction Law and Practice
Authored by experienced construction lawyers, this manual is a comprehensive treatment of construction law. Chapters cover the rights and liabilities of parties to construction projects, the bid process involving public entities, trial preparation, and alternative dispute resolution and partnering. The manual addresses bankruptcy, bond, insurance, and damages issues, and includes a chapter on jury instructions for construction trials.
Highlights of the new edition include:
- Specific focus on design professionals within contract and litigation
- Update and explanation of 2017 General Conditions
- Particular considerations given to the 2017 and 2018 amendments to F.S. 95.11(c)(3) throughout the manual
- Discussion of the Middle Districts reaction to Tiara.
- Discussions of the Florida Supreme Court’s quashing of Sebo v. American Home Assurance Co.
- Highlighting of venue, construction liens, and statutory updates that impact contractors and construction managers
- Detailed explanation regarding the Arbitration Act and case law regarding attorneys’ fees
- Significant rewrite of the chapter sections regarding public-private partnerships and the shift of statutory authority
- New authors with fresh information of trial preparation, specifically regarding electronic stored information
- Statutes, rules of court, federal rules, and case law updated throughout
Visit our Real Property website for a complete list of The Bar's Rules of Procedure related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
S. LaRue Williams
Chapter 2 Rights And Liabilities Of The Owner
Bruce D. Partington, Luis Prats and Wm. Cary Wright
Chapter 3 Rights And Liabilities Of Architects And Engineers
Frank A. Hamner, Luis Prats, and Wm. Cary Wright
Chapter 4 Rights And Liabilities Of Construction Managers
Brian A. Wolf
Chapter 5 Rights And Liabilities Of General Contractors
Luis Prats and Wm. Cary Wright
Chapter 6 Rights And Liabilities Of Subcontractors And Suppliers
Adam G. Adams, III and Troy K. Smith
Chapter 7 Bids, Bid Disputes, And Competitive Negotiations Involving Public Entities
April A. Rocke and Sean A. Mickley
Chapter 8 Rights And Liabilities Of Sureties
Chapter 9 Trial Preparation
Michael J. Gore and Robert W. Wilkins
Chapter 10 Recoverable Damages
Davisson F. Dunlap, Jr. and Davisson F. Dunlap, III
Chapter 11 Delay Claims
S. LaRue Williams and Drew C. Williams
Chapter 12 Expert Witnesses
Christine M. Hoke and Leeza D. Newman
Chapter 13 Alternative Dispute Resolution And Partnering
Chapter 14 The Public Works Contract
Brian A. Wolf
Chapter 15 Special Considerations For Federal Construction Contracts
Mark A. Smith
Chapter 16 The Impact Of Bankruptcy On Construction Law Rights
Gardner F. Davis, Mark J. Wolfson, and C. David Harper
Chapter 17 Jury Instructions In Construction Cases
Construction Law Committee of The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section