California Causes of Action
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
REVISION 23 HIGHLIGHTS
This edition of California Causes of Action is loaded with new case law to keep you up to date on a broad range of legal topics and practice areas, including:
- Distinguishing ordinary negligence from medical malpractice
- Scope of physician’s duty
- When damages become evident to trigger statute of limitations
- Negligent entrustment of a vehicle to an unlicensed driver
- When liability attaches for negligent entrustment of a firearm
Elder/Dependent Adult Financial Abuse
- Standing to bring a claim
- Available damages
- Motor carrier negligence
- California’s “ABC test” not preempted by federal Aviation Administration Authorization Act
- Disparate treatment—remedy: rate of pay
- Termination based on sexual orientation as a wrongful termination in violation of public policy
GOVERNMENT TORT LIABILITY
- Claims re: COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the state
- Scope of employment limits qualified immunity—police excessive force cases
WRONGFUL DEATH / SURVIVAL ACTIONS
- Immunity for social media platforms under the Communications Decency Act (CDA)
- No right to appeal order releasing a co-defendant from liability when the remaining defendant has possibility of individual liability
LEGAL THEORIES AND DEFENSES
- Anti-SLAPP motions—elements and authorities
- Distinguishing an exercise of First Amendment rights from civil harassment
- Standing in Article III cases for violation of constitutional rights
PRODUCTS LIABILITY AND COMMERCIAL SALES
DEFAMATION AND PRIVACY
INSURANCE-RELATED CAUSES OF ACTION
INDUSTRIAL INJURY/THIRD-PARTY CASES PRODUCTS LIABILITY AND COMMERCIAL SALES
Additional forms materials are available from James Publishing; access to those materials can be requested directly from James by following guidelines provided within the eBook or emailing email@example.com.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+® is required to access this content.