Florida Condominium and Community Association Law
Florida Condominium and Community Association Law, Fourth Edition, provides a comprehensive treatment of current legal practice, including a detailed review of timeshare condominiums, alternative dispute resolution, association concerns, forms and procedures from the Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes, as well as information concerning homeowners' associations and ancillary matters.
Highlights of the Fourth Edition include:
- Updated case law, statutes, and rules and regulations.
- New Forms
- Hot Topics:
- Discussion of the fundamental changes that the 2017 Florida Legislature made to the arbitration program under the Condominium Act, F.S. Chapter 718.
- Discussion of the 2017 Florida Legislature’s substantial amendments to F.S. 718.116(8) as it relates to assessments, liability, lien and priority, interest, and collection.
- Discussion of the new electronic posting requirement of the powers and duties of condominium associations under F.S. 718.111(g).
- Discussion of 2017 Florida Legislature’s creation of criminal penalties and removal from office of condominium association directors and officers under F.S. 718.111(d).
- Discussion of the new conflict of interest provisions under the Condominium Act, F.S. Chapter 718.
- The 2017 Florida Legislature’s response to Tropicana Condominium Ass’n, Inc v. Tropical Condominium, LLC, 208 So.3d 755 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016), enacting F.S. 718.117(21), which contains a statement of legislative public policy applying the statute to all condominiums in existence on or after July 1, 2007.
- Discussion of the 2017 Florida Legislature’s expansion of jurisdiction of the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes.
- Discussion of the 2017 Florida Legislature’s expansion of Ombudsman’s powers.
- Discussion of estoppel certificates under the Homeowners’ Association Act, including the new Estoppel Certificate form under F.S. 720.30851.
Visit our Real Property website for a complete list of The Bar's Rules of Procedure related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Concept Of Condominium and Homeowner Association Ownership
William P. Sklar
Chapter 2. Division Of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, And Mobile Homes
Karl M. Scheuerman
Chapter 3. Planning And Structuring Of Real Estate Developments Using Condominium And Community Associations
Charles D. Brecker and Margaret A. Rolando
Chapter 4. Prospectus, Contract, And Ancillary Documents
Nicole C. Kibert and Robert S. Freedman
Chapter 5. Specific Types Of Condominiums
Chapter 6. Timeshare Condominiums
Robert S. Freedman
Chapter 7. Creating The Fee Simple Condominium
Richard D. DeBoest II and Sean M. Ellis
Chapter 8. Association Organizational Documents
Joseph E. Adams
Chapter 9. Conversions
David A. Kobrin and Sandra E. Krumbein
Chapter 10. Termination
Chapter 11. The Role Of The Association In Condominium Operations
Lisa A. Lerner, Roberto C. Blanch, and Ivette Machado Blanch
Chapter 12. Unit Owner Rights And Responsibilities
Peter S. Sachs
Chapter 13. Document Amendments and Mergers
Chad M. McClenathen
Chapter 14. Insurance Issues
Jay Steven Levine
Chapter 15. Alternative Dispute Resolution
Michael J. Gelfand and Karl Scheuerman
Chapter 16. Condominium And Homeowners' Association Liens, Foreclosure, and Bankruptcy
Michael J. Gelfand and Steven Newburgh
Chapter 17. Construction Defect Litigation
Steven B. Lesser, William E. Stockman, and Michele C. Ammendola