AHLA HIPAA/HITECH Resource Guide (AHLA Members)
Select a format
If you are not an AHLA member and would like to purchase this book, click here.
With expert editorial oversight and authorship, this title from AHLA provides the guidance for understanding all aspects of the protection of patients' personal information. The changes, which culminated with the HIPAA Omnibus Rule, affect individuals, health systems, business associates, and many others.
HIPAA/HITECH Resource Guide provides not only the history of the development of the rules and standards, but also practical guidance for insuring compliance. Background and context are provided with insightful coverage of:
- The rules and regulations governing patient privacy prior to enactment of the Omnibus Rule.
- The numerous aspects of the Administrative Simplification Act-Standard Transactions and Code Sets.
- Employer, provider, and health plan identifiers — including definitions of key terms.
- Expansion of liability to more organizations.
- Increased liability on the part of "business associates" who must now adopt their own security protocols and perform security risk analysis.
The Guide includes numerous practice tools such as:
- Sample privacy right policies
- HIPAA business associate agreements
- Subcontractor agreements
- A HIPAA training outline
- A survey of state health care privacy laws
Patricia D. King
Jeffrey Adest, Lara Jean Ancona, Ann M. Bittinger, Damon G. Carpenter, Alisa L. Chestler, Lisa L. Dahm, William P. Dillon, Gregory Ewing, Valita Marie Fredland, Jill M. Girardeau, Jennifer J. Hennessy, Caroline Kubovy, Morris A. Landau, Wendy C. Maneval, Valerie Breslin Montague, John Murdoch, Cheryl Camin Murray, Stephen Page, Jennifer L. Rathburn, Lisa Pierce Resz, Stephen D. Rose, Amita A. Sanghvi, Sarah E. Swank, and Leslie M. Tector.
Published March, 2014.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Ch. 1 Background/Original HIPAA Regulations
Ch. 2 HiTech Act Privacy Provisions
Ch. 3 HiTech Rulemaking Prior to HIPAA Privacy/Security Amendments
Ch. 4 Modifications to HIPAA Privacy, Security and Enforcement Under the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
Ch. 5 Practice Tools
Ch. 6 Survey of State Health Care Privacy Laws