• The Connecticut Fair Employment Practices Act, which prohibits so many forms of discrimination in employment, and the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities, which enforces it
• Contracts of employment express and implied
• The employment-at-will doctrine
• The prohibition against retaliatory discharge, and the duties that employers and employees owe to each other
• Connecticut's wage and hour legislation and the litigation that flows from violating the minimum-wage and overtime standards
• Privacy rights in the workplace, including a timely discussion of an employee’s right to privacy in social media and digital communications
• Analysis of an employer's right to conduct drug tests and its interaction with newly enacted legislation H.R. 5389 that authorizes the palliative use of marijuana in Connecticut.
• And more …
NEW THIS EDITION
Last updated in 2014, this new edition adds new and updated sections on Employee Social Media, Interns, Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act, Defending the Trade Secrets Act, Joint Employments, Covenants Not to Compete, Confidentiality of CHRO Proceedings, Claims of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Ban the Box Legislation, Employment Status.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Employment Contracts Express and Implied
Chapter 2: Restrictions on Unfair Competition and Protection of Trade Secrets
Chapter 3: Public Policy, Whistleblower Protection, Retaliation
Chapter 4: The Connecticut Fair Employment Practices Act
Chapter 5: Workplace Torts
Chapter 6: Employee Privacy
Chapter 7: Connecticut Leave Laws
Chapter 8: Wage and Hour Provisions
Chapter 9: Unemployment Compensation
Chapter 10: Health and Safety
Chapter 11: Employer Insurance Obligations
Chapter 12: Successor Liability