Practice Under Florida Probate Code, 8th Edition
Select a format
Written by skilled probate attorneys, Practice Under Florida Probate Code provides comprehensive analysis of all the steps that you need to take to administer an estate in Florida. It features discussions of major changes to the Probate Code made over the past few years, alerts the user to recent changes to the Florida Probate Rules, and also highlights relevant tax considerations. Forms, sample accountings, and charts for basic probate practice enhance the book's practitioner focus.
Discussion of new topics and revised statutory provisions, including:
• devises to lawyers who prepare testamentary instruments;
• issues involving digital assets;
• exemption of estate inventory from disclosure; and
• fiduciary accountings and Florida estate tax returns.
Updated rules of procedure, including:
• service by electronic mail and electronic filing of documents;
• confidentiality of court records;
• computation of time; and
• appealable orders.
Updated case law on numerous topics, including:
• attorney's fee awards and assets from which fees are to be paid;
• preference in appointment of personal representative;
• custody of assets;
• homestead exemption for condominium leases;
• lost or destroyed wills;
• assets within elective share;
• timely filing of creditors' claims; and
• personal jurisdiction over trustees and foreign personal representatives.
Updated and revised forms and checklists throughout.
Visit our Estate Planning website for a complete list of The Bar's Estate Planning related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
1. Important Preliminary Administration Issues, Jennifer L. Griffin and Deborah Packer Goodall
2. Practice And Procedure, Robert F. Iseley, Jr.
3. Jurisdiction, James A. Herb and Jay L. Kauffman
4. Functions Of Lawyers And Personal Representatives, Shane J. Kelley
5. Initial Steps In Probate And Administration, Randall L. Marker
6. Inventory And Appraisal, Rose M. La Femina
7. Elective Share, Daniel A. Hanley, William T. Hennessey, and Christina Papanikos
8. Creditors' Claims And Family Allowance, Frank T. Pilotte
9. Management Of Decedent's Property, Frank T. Adams
10. Sales And Transfers Of Estate Assets, Tami F. Conetta
11. Determination Of Beneficiaries And Their Interests, Pamela O. Price
12. Fiduciary Accountings, Linda Suzzanne Griffin and Sandra Graham Sheets
13. Partial Distributions, Pamela O. Price
14. Final Distribution And Discharge, Anne Buzby-Walt
15. Compensation Of Personal Representatives And Attorneys And Other Expenses Of Administration, John Arthur Jones and Rohan Kelley
16. Curators, Robert F. Iseley, Jr.
17. Ancillary Administration, Robert A. Dawkins
18. Small Estates And Summary Proceedings, Frank T. Pilotte
19. Homestead And Exempt Personal Property, Tae Kelley Bronner and Rohan Kelley
20. Pitfalls In Estate Administration: A View From The Bench, Mel Grossman and Lauren C. Laughlin
21. Probate Litigation, Rohan Kelley