Model Teller/CSR Training Manual with Trainer's Guide
Select a format
Tellers and customer service representatives are the face of your bank— they have more contact with customers than anyone else. Therefore, it is essential that frontline staff be well trained to help secure your bank's image and differentiate it from its competition.
This Training Manual focuses on how your bank can train your tellers and customer service representatives to meet the demands of today's banking industry—dealing effectively with customers, performing job responsibilities efficiently, and following bank policies, while projecting and maintaining a professional image for the bank.
The manual contains a Trainer's Guide section separate from the Training Manual. This section provides answers to all review tests and quizzes, as well as information to assist the trainer in guiding new frontline staff through each training chapter. The chapters in the Training Manual follow a logical progression in training new tellers and CSRs, from the role of frontline staff in the bank to understanding banking regulations and security issues.
You can easily work with the chapters to tailor the manual for your financial institution.
• Trainer's Guide and Training Manual sections make it easy to create your training program.
• The manual offers guidance to help you choose a trainer and set up and run your program.
• Sample questions and discussion topics for your class help the trainer reinforce the material.
• Exercises help your trainees use the skills and information they're learning.
• Each chapter in the
• Ten chapter review tests and more than two dozen quizzes, focusing on specific issues or regulations that can be used for a more in-depth testing of knowledge.
• Periodic updates make it easy to incorporate new regulations and activities into your teller/CSR training program.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
Chapters TG-1 through TG-10 correspond to the chapters in the Training Manual.
Chapter 1: The Role of Frontline Staff
Chapter 2: Cash Handling
Chapter 3: New Account Procedures
Chapter 4: Checks and Electronic Payments
Chapter 5: Processing Transactions
Chapter 6: Handling Customer Service Requests
Chapter 7: Product Knowledge and Cross-Selling
Chapter 8: Bank Regulations
Chapter 9: Fraud Loss Prevention
Chapter 10: Bank Security