Florida Automobile Insurance Law
Select a format
In the Ninth Edition, experienced practitioners guide the reader through the intricacies of the ever-changing area of Florida automobile insurance law. Topics include the procedure for handling the typical automobile insurance case from both the plaintiff's and defendant's perspective, as well as the process for determining the order and priority of coverage in cases involving multiple tort feasors and insurance policies.
Sample forms, worksheets, and checklists are provided to aid the practitioner.
Highlights of the new Ninth Edition include:
• Updates all statutes, rules of procedure, and case law through March 1, 2014
• Updates requirements for furnishing a certificate of self-insurance
• Discusses extensive alterations to the Personal Injury Protection law, F.S. 627.736, enacted in the 2012 legislative session
• Adds new sections on administrative remedies in ratemaking cases
• Discusses Federal preemption under the Graves Amendment, 49 U.S.C. 20106 which has now been upheld by both Florida and Federal courts
Visit our Trial Practice website for a complete list of The Bar's Trial Practice related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
1. Financial Responsibility and Compulsory Insurance Laws
2. The Ratemaking Process
3. No-Fault Insurance
4. Uninsured Motorist Coverage
5. Liability Coverage
6. Multiple Liability Insurance Policies
7. Unfair Claims Practices And Bad Faith
8. Practice And Procedure In Handling An Automobile Case
Laws of Florida
Florida Administrative Code
Florida Rules Of Appellate Procedure
Florida Rules Of Civil Procedure
Florida Rules Of Judicial Administration
Rules Regulating The Florida Bar
Florida Ethics Opinions
Florida Standard Jury Instructions (Civil)
United States Code
United States Public Laws
Code Of Federal Regulations
Colorado Revised Statutes
Connecticut Public Act
Oregon Revised Statutes