Construction Law Digest
Select a format
Facts, Holding, and Reasoning -- Construction Law Digest gives you a precise summary of the facts before the court in each case, the court's holding and the reasoning behind that holding. Each summary is keyed to a section in Construction Law, so you can quickly reference the treatise for further information on the topic. The cases are read and digested by construction law experts -- so you have access to information you would not find by scanning headnotes or using key systems.
Practical Advice -- In addition to summaries of court opinions, Construction Law Digest features ViewPoints, providing you with the valuable insight of experts. This advice takes the form of practice-oriented remarks on court decisions, trends in the industry, drafting practices, and other matters you need to understand for your practice.
This eBook features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
Covered in a recent issue of Construction Law Digest:
• Federal contract cases that show a continuing preoccupation with bid protests, interference and delay claims
• Cases illustrating that most claims against design professionals are not frivolous
• Intellectual property considerations in claims relating to design-build relationships
• Cases showing the importance of not entering into contracts or making changes in to them without proper documentation
• The importance of counsel's asserting claims in a timely manner, stating them to conform to contractual requirements, and offering proof on all claims made
• Cases construing statutes of limitations or of repose
• Cases illustrating the ongoing distrust of arbitration
• Cases illustrating that many parties have a "take-no-prisoners" approach to contracting