Pennsylvania Transactions: Business Entities
Pennsylvania Transactions: Business Entities is a step-by-step guide covering family law transactions in Pennsylvania, with each chapter providing a research guide, legal background discussion, a practice guide and forms.
The source for the procedural guidance and forms you'll need for the transactional areas of your real estate practice.
Manage your clients' civil transactions confidently and efficiently. Obtain quick access to practically everything you need to negotiate and handle your clients' transactions with confidence, speed, and authority... from start to finish.
Pennsylvania Transactions: Business Entities is logically organized to help you find current substantive law, practical procedural guidance, or necessary documents and forms. Broken down into comprehensive chapters addressing specific transactions, the guide covers these important subject areas:
• Formation of Corporations
• Corporate Operation and Termination
• Special Organizations
Benefit from these useful time-saving practice aids:
• Scope – identifies the topics covered, and provides the customer reference to additional materials relevant to those topics.
• Synopsis – provides a table of contents roadmap for each Chapter to assist in narrowing the customer’s search for specific materials;
• Research Guide – provides a list of major federal and state statutes, regulations, legal annotations, and law review articles and other texts concerning the Chapter topics.
• Legal Background – contains a substantive discussion of the relevant law concerning the topics at hand, including citations and cross-references to pertinent authorities
• Practice Guide – provides a step-by-step guide to conducting the particular transactions being addressed, beginning with the Client Interview and continuing through the drafting and execution of the appropriate Forms.
• Forms – each Chapter provides Forms used in connection with the transactions being addressed, which may be modified by the customer to meet the specific needs of their client or situation. Forms include materials drafted by Pennsylvania attorneys (such as contracts, financing agreements or disclosures), official Forms issued by governmental entities, and Forms formatted to comply with court rules (such as pleadings or motions).
Table of Contents
Division One Formation of Corporations
Chapter 1. Starting and Operating a Business
Chapter 2. Preincorporation Agreements
Chapter 3. Corporate Names
Chapter 4. Articles of Incorporation
Chapter 5. Bylaws
Chapter 6. Organization Meeting
Chapter 7. Incorporating a Going Business
Chapter 8. Equity Securities
Chapter 9. Debt Securities
Division One Formation of Corporations (cont’d)
Chapter 10. Registration of Securities
Chapter 11. Subchapter S Status
Chapter 12. Close Corporations
Division Two Corporate Operation and Termination
Chapter 13. Directors’ Meetings
Chapter 14. Shareholders’ Meetings
Chapter 15. Voting Trusts
Chapter 16. Corporate Business
Chapter 17. Amendment of Articles and Bylaws
Division Two Corporate Operation and Termination (cont’d)
Chapter 18. Dividends
Chapter 19. Mergers
Chapter 20. Acquisitions
Chapter 21. Dissolution of Corporations
Chapter 22. Transfer of Securities
Division Three Special Organizations
Chapter 23. Professional Corporations
Chapter 24. Nonprofit Corporations
Division Three Special Organizations (cont’d)
Chapter 25. Limited Liability Companies
Chapter 26. Foreign Corporations
Chapter 27. Buying and Selling a Business
Chapter 28. Cooperative Agricultural Associations
Chapter 29. General Partnerships
Chapter 30. Professional Partnerships
Chapter 31. Limited Partnerships
Chapter 32. Dissolution of Partnerships