Qualifying to Do Business in Another State: The CSC® 50-State Guide to Qualification
Corporations intending to do business in states other than their home state must first determine whether they need to qualify to do business there, and if so, fulfill the qualification requirements. But qualification can be a complex and time-consuming task. Also, the consequences of making the wrong decision can be harsh, ranging from monetary penalties for a corporation to jail time for its officers and directors.
To aid corporations in navigating these foreign waters, CSC developed Qualifying to Do Business in Another State: The CSC 50-State Guide to Qualification, a comprehensive toolbox to help you make the important decisions about qualifying in states where you plan to do business, complete with the documents required to implement that decision.
This essential resource includes:
- Case illustrations and discussion of business activities that do or do not trigger qualification requirements.
- Insight into whether certain Internet activities require qualification.
- Annotated qualification statutes for all 50 states and the District of Columbia updated for the 2019 Edition.
- Quick-reference charts on Activities That Do Not Constitute Doing Business and Consequences of Transacting Business without Authority.
New in the 2019 Edition of Doing Business Outside Your State:
- An updated list of states that have enacted exceptions to their qualification rules for foreign corporations transacting business or providing services while responding to disasters or emergencies.
- New case studies illustrating activities that do and do not constitute doing business in a foreign state.
- Insightful analysis of a recent Supreme Court case that could impact future litigation against online retailers who have not registered in a state to do business.
- Updated information on registering and qualifying nonprofits in foreign states.
The companion CD-ROM contains fillable PDF Qualification forms for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
To learn more about other CSC products, please visit store.lexisnexis.com/site/csc.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis Advance® for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis Advance® is required to access this content.Pub Number: 25000
Table of Contents
1. The Model Business Corporation Act
2. Corporate Activities That Do Not Require Qualification
3. Corporate Activities That Require Qualification
4. Corporate Internet and E-Commerce Activity
5. How Corporations Qualify, Cure Failures, and Terminate Qualification
6. The Consequences of Failing to Qualify
7. Registration for Charitable Organizations
Activities That Do Not Constitute Doing Business
Consequences of Transacting Business without Authority
Appendix A: Forms Table
Appendix B: Text of the Model Business Corporation Act
The 50-State Qualification Handbook companion CD-ROM contains qualification forms for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.