Social Security Disability Medical Tests
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Social Security Disability Medical Tests
Evaluate Social Security Medical Disability Test Results
Effective advocacy requires informed and critical evaluation of your clients' medical tests and their results. Were they properly performed? By the right person? Interpreted correctly? What is the chance of a false negative result? Here you will find normal test ranges, predictive values, relevant listings, proper technique, and more for 470 medical tests. You will be able to critically examine the application of test results to disability claims.
Here is the authoritative and detailed guidance from a former SSA Chief Medical Consultant who has personally made more than 50,000 disability determinations. Dr. David Morton's Social Security Disability Medical Tests answers the following questions for nearly every test you will encounter:
• When is the test warranted?
• Can SSA purchase it? Does it commonly do so?
• What are the relevant social security medical listings?
• What complications can result?
• How should the test be performed?
• Is the test objective, providing independently verifiable information based upon observation? Or is it subjective, depending upon the information elicited by the testing physician?
• What is the probability that the test will not detect the abnormality?
• What is the prevalence of the abnormality in the population?
• What is the normal range of test results?
The book is written in plain English and details more than 500 medical tests frequently encountered in SSA disability determinations. Real-life examples and explanatory drawings accompany many texts. Medical terms are explained as they occur in the text. Over 700 medical abbreviations are defined. Also provided are more than 80 normal laboratory test values and eight different treadmill stress test protocols.
Easy-to-use headings organize each test in the book for fast access to information.
• Type distinguishes between objective and subjective tests
• Purpose provides the indications for performing the test
• Technique helps you make sure that the test was performed properly
• Cross-References to SSA's Blue Book Listing of Impairments save you time--the Blue Book is included in the Appendix
• Alternative Test Names confuse even physicians, so their inclusion here makes identification easy for everyone
• Can SSA Purchase? Invasiveness, expense and unavailability limit the tests the SSA will provide
• Interpretation discusses the meaning of normal and abnormal results
• Medical Terms are defined in the footnotes
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+™ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
Special Senses and Speech
Respiratory System Tests
Digestive System and Abdominal Tests
Hemic and Lymphatic Tests
Endocrine and Obesity Tests
Obstetrics and Gynecology Tests
Immune System, Serology and Related Tests
Cancer and Related Tests