Asset Protection in Florida
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The total price includes the product(s) listed in the Order Form and any Updates for a limited period (minimum period of 30 days) after the order is placed ("Order Window"). Shipping and handling fees are not included in the grand total price.
All shipments may be returned, at subscribers' expense, for full credit of the Price within 30 days of receipt.
Shipments may not be returned, and no credits will be issued, more than 30 days after receipt.
After the Order Window, subscribers will receive notice of Updates along with the then-current grand total price and order process as Updates become available. Subscribers will only be shipped those Updates they specifically request.
View a sample of this title using the ReadNow feature
Asset Protection in Florida covers all facets of asset preservation for Florida residents. The manual provides comprehensive analysis of the many steps available to protect assets from creditors' claims, both during your lifetime and at death. Among the many topics covered are homestead, trusts (both domestic and offshore), business planning, planning for dissolution of marriage, protection of retirement and education accounts, and the ethical aspects of advising clients on asset protection issues. Bankruptcy issues and tax planning are prominently featured throughout the text.
Highlights of the Seventh Edition include:
- Updated case law, statutes, rules, and regulations.
- In-depth discussion of the impact of the Eleventh Circuit's decision in Kearney as a potential threat to all Florida statutory exemptions from creditors.
- In-depth discussion of the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act and its impact on distributions from retirement accounts and 529 Plans.
- Newly-added discussion of IRAs, Pledge Agreements, and Secure Transactions.
- Updated discussion of the Cooperative Act post-Wartels and the treatment of cooperative apartments versus a condominium or a traditional home.
- Florida Legislature's enactment of F.S. 736.1109 to allow homestead property to be transferred to a revocable trust without losing its homestead status and creditor protection.
- In-depth discussion of the Florida Extend "Save Our Homes" Portability Period Amendment.
- Newly-added discussion of Community Property Trusts.
Visit our Estate Planning website for a complete list of The Bar's Estate Planning related titles.
Visit The Florida Bar Legal Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The ISBN for the 6th Edition was 9781522190448.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are noncancelable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+® service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
1. Fraudulent Transfers And Conversions And Ethical Considerations
Keith S. Kromash and Nina Vaghaiwalla Rawal
2. General Exemptions From Creditors
Michael S. Singer and Devon M. Goldberg
3. Retirement and Other Tax Preferred Savings Accounts
Richard R. Gans
4. Asset Protection Provided With Florida Business Entities
Thomas O. Wells
5. Homestead: Creditor Issues
Barry A. Nelson and Cassandra Nelson
6. Homestead: Non-Creditor Issues
Charles Ian Nash and Nina Vaghaiwalla Rawal
7. Creditors' Rights To Assets In Trust
Jerome L. Wolf
8. Section 529 Arrangements
Charles Ian Nash and Nina Vaghaiwalla Rawal
9. Relationship Dissolution Planning
M. Travis Hayes and Robert L. Lancaster
10. Offshore Asset Protection Trusts
James J. Flick and Jonathan E. Gopman