Asset Protection in Florida
Select a format
Select subscription type
Terms & conditions
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked "CANCEL".
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Asset Protection in Florida covers all facets of asset preservation for Florida residents. The manual provides comprehensive analysis of the many steps available to protect assets from creditors' claims, both during your lifetime and at death. Among the many topics covered are homestead, trusts (both domestic and offshore), business planning, planning for dissolution of marriage, protection of retirement and education accounts, and the ethical aspects of advising clients on asset protection issues. Bankruptcy issues and tax planning are prominently featured throughout the text.
Highlights of the Sixth Edition include:
- Updated case law, statutes, rules, regulations, etc.
- Hot Topics:
- Asset protection provided with Florida corporations and the 2019 Florida Legislature’s substantial amendments to F.S. Chapter 607, effective January 1, 2020.
- Full and complete exemption from ad valorem taxes as to the homestead real property for totally and permanently disabled first responders under F.S. 196.102.
- Damage to homestead due to misfortune or calamity, including homesteads significantly damaged or destroyed as a result of a named tropical storm or hurricane under new F.S. 193.155(8)(m).
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and financial disclosure of deceased spousal unused exclusion amount and lifetime taxable gifts.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and the income tax effect of alimony.
- Discussion of newly enacted "safe harbor" statute, F.S. 732.7025, for the waiver of spousal homestead rights through a deed.
eBooks, CDs, downloadable content, and software purchases are non-cancellable, nonrefundable and nonreturnable. Click here for more information about LexisNexis eBooks. The eBook versions of this title may feature links to Lexis+™ service for further legal research options. A valid subscription to Lexis+ is required to access this content.
Table of contents
1. Fraudulent Transfers And Conversions And Ethical Considerations
Keith S. Kromash
2. General Exemptions From Creditors
Michael S. Singer
3. Retirement and Other Tax Preferred Savings Accounts
Richard R. Gans
4. Asset Protection Provided With Florida Business Entities
Thomas O. Wells
5. Homestead: Creditor Issues
Barry A. Nelson
6. Homestead: Non-Creditor Issues
Charles Ian Nash
7. Creditors' Rights To Assets In Trust
Jerome L. Wolf
8. Section 529 Arrangements
Charles Ian Nash
9. Relationship Dissolution Planning
M. Travis Hayes and Robert L. Lancaster
10. Offshore Asset Protection Trusts
James J. Flick and Jonathan E. Gopman