Asset Protection in Florida
Asset Protection in Florida covers all facets of asset preservation for Florida residents. The manual provides comprehensive analysis of the many steps available to protect assets from creditors' claims, both during your lifetime and at death. Among the many topics covered are homestead, trusts (both domestic and offshore), business planning, planning for dissolution of marriage, protection of retirement and education accounts, and the ethical aspects of advising clients on asset protection issues. Bankruptcy issues and tax planning are prominently featured throughout the text.
Highlights of the Fifth Edition include:
- New discussion regarding
- Revocable Trusts
- LLC membership interests
- Beneficiaries of annuities
- Revised statutes and rules
- New case law
Visit our Estate Planning website for a complete list of The Bar's Estate Planning related titles.
Visit our Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Publications website for a complete list of The Bar's titles.
The eBook versions of this title feature links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.
Table of Contents
1. Fraudulent Transfers And Conversions And Ethical Considerations
Keith S. Kromash
2. General Exemptions From Creditors
Sam W. Boone, Jr. and Michael S. Singer
3. Retirement and Other Tax Preferred Savings Accounts
Richard R. Gans and J. Allison Archbold
4. Asset Protection Provided With Florida Business Entities
Thomas O. Wells
5. Homestead: Creditor Issues
Barry A. Nelson
6. Homestead: Non-Creditor Issues
Charles Ian Nash
7. Creditors’ Rights To Assets In Trust
Jerome L. Wolf
8. Section 529 Arrangements
Charles Ian Nash
9. Relationship Dissolution Planning
M. Travis Hayes and Robert L. Lancaster
10. Offshore Asset Protection Trusts
James J. Flick and Jonathan Gopman